Maybe you’re already familiar with Dynamics NAV on your tablet.
Well, it is now even more flexible. You can experience the power and simplicity of Microsoft Dynamics NAV using the Universal App on your preferred iOS, Android or Windows device – be it phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop – it’s all up to you.
Switch to your favourite device on-the-go, during meetings, in the office, at home on the couch – using the same app to access your Dynamics NAV business data from anywhere.
In Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, the Universal App delivers a familiar user-specific experience on all your devices.
Features of the Universal App
- The App is entirely powered by your Microsoft Dynamics NAV server, including the tables, pages, and business logic you already use.
- This is all built on the same technology as the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client, so you install, configure, secure, license, and extend in the same, familiar way.
- Supports the use of inbuilt device cameras used on location.
- Adapts to your device screen size and input method, be it touch or keyboard and mouse.
- There are no additional fees for Dynamics NAV clients to enable the universal app.
Improved flexible working for the business on-the-go
There are many reasons why using the Universal App will help your business and your employees that work on-the-go:
- Put business in the hands of remote workers – Your field teams including salespeople and account managers, service engineers, executives, consultants and bookkeepers can access Dynamics NAV offsite and and stay up-to-date.
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of your data – With access to Dynamics NAV from all locations, the user can capture information as it arises keeping the business system and communications up-to-date.
- Engage with clients – All client information can be immediately accessed and updated ensuring any negotiations and meetings between you and your clients is recorded instantly back into Dynamics NAV.
- Reduce transfer time of data and gaps in information – Maintain a connected organisation from head office and other satellite offices, to factory and distribution locations and people onsite.
- Keep up-to-date with modern technology – using the universal App ensures that your mobile workforce can access Dynamics NAV and business data from the most up-to-date devices on the market and can continue to benefit from developments in technology.
Easy-to-use interface for users
The easy-to-use interface ensures that business users can adapt to the interface no matter what device they are using.
- Adaptable to a wide range of popular business devices – Providing better user experience as required, whether on a touch device, keyboard or mouse.
- Familiar – Universal App has the look and feel of Microsoft Office, but is unmistakably Microsoft Dynamics NAV so you get a similar experience on all your devices.
- Available on a wide range of platforms – Download from the Windows Store, iOS App Store or Google Play.
- Tailored to fit your workers’ needs – The Universal App adapts with Microsoft Dynamics NAV role-tailored technology.
The beauty of it is that you can have a consistent look and feel for Dynamics NAV across the different devices, therefore there is a familiar feel. Use the Phone App because you want to quickly check information, use the Tablet App to check charts and process an order you couldn’t complete or use the Web Client (with over 60 enriched developments in the last release) to work from your Mac.
NAV is fully touch optimised with the Universal App, it helps improve security and usability whilst offering a modern platform to the workforce. Your executives, sales field, service technicians, warehouse workers and many more can now get access to the data they need from the device they prefer.
How to get the Universal App
You can download and install Dynamics NAV from the Windows Store, App Store, or Google Play. You sign in using your usual credentials and the App connects to your Dynamics NAV 2016 server, on premise or in the cloud.
Now you can navigate your business data using a fast and fluid interface which leverages design concepts from modern Windows and Office 365, whilst remaining distinctly Dynamics NAV. Do more on the go with capabilities such as send to Excel or Office 365, up-to-date charts and KPIs, emailing of sales quotes and invoices, and attach pictures using your device’s camera.
The Universal App is a “Single App” and can be used from your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer, allowing you to experience Dynamics NAV on the broadest range of devices ever!
Empower your workers : Contact Synergy Technology if you want to move to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 and work on-the-go.