When it comes to choosing a construction industry solution to manage your project costs, there is certainly a number of factors to you may take into consideration. Think about your business model, how the system will be utilised as well as your growth plans. Here are some other things to consider:
- The size of your business, making sure the system you choose it not too big for the job.
- Are you looking for a system that can be managed in a dedicated accounts department?
- Are you looking to expand your business and do you have a growing need to control costs?
- How many subcontractors are on your books, is this increasing?
- Do you have directly employed workers on the payroll as well as subcontractors?
- Are you looking to install, or do you already have an accounts package?
- Are you currently using a job costing system (perhaps like Excel)
- Are you looking for an integrated solution to streamlining your costing and contract control?
What you need are tools that talk to each other!
Pegasus CIS is a contract costing system that has been specifically written for small to medium-sized (SME) contractors in the construction and allied industries. It reduces the administrative burden of running construction projects, whilst providing all the management tools necessary to ensure that all critical information is readily available to the management team. Fully integrated into the Pegasus accounts system and payroll, Pegasus CIS truly transforms a company’s ability to profitably manage contracts. It is also possible to integrate Pegasus CIS into Opera II, Sage 50 and Sage 200 accounting systems.
From sub-contractors to main contractors, budgeting and purchasing through to valuations and billing, Pegasus CIS provides an unparalleled level of control over every aspect of contract management, so that you have all the information you need to run your projects profitably. It is a truly integrated construction industry solution where payments, receipts, retentions, cashflow and management reporting are all controlled from within Pegasus CIS, to give you a central place to manage your contracts. Easy to use, with some of the most powerful reporting tools available it will transform the management of your contracts.
Here are some of the great features on offer:
- Contract Costing: phases, job heads, cost and revenue transactions, committed costs, actual/budget variance, CVR reporting
- Contract Purchasing: Bill of Requirements, purchase orders, Goods Received Notes, Purchase Invoice Register, committed costs
- Plant hire: internal and external plant hire, On hire/Off hire, plant returns, overdue plant, transfer plant between Jobs
- Contract Sales: valuations/measurement, payment applications and certificates, invoicing, aged debt, retention, main contractor discount, deferred VAT
- CIS Subcontractors: online verification, subcontractor orders, invoices/applications/timesheets, payment certificates and statements, online CIS300 monthly return, self-billing, authenticated VAT receipts
- Labour: timesheet entry, posting to Payroll, on-costs from Payroll
- Stock Control: monitor stock levels and movement, allocate and issue stock to jobs
- Management reporting
- Integrated accounting: links with Pegasus Opera 3 and Opera II, Sage 50 and Sage 200
Finally taking control of contracts and costs
The system allows direct costs to be input against a contract, as well as costs derived from labour timesheets, purchases, stock and sub-contractors. A wide range of analysis reports are available, offering views of the current status of contracts, including job performance and detailed profit analysis reports.
Pegasus CIS also integrates with award-winning Pegasus XRL, an intuitive tool that allows Microsoft Excel access to live data at the click of a mouse. It seamlessly integrates your financial information into Microsoft Excel in a couple of simple steps, so you don’t have to copy and paste, re-key or work out formulas.
Pegasus CIS captures all relevant contract information across all stages of a job so that the status of the contract is immediately available.
When you consider that the average construction project suffers 150% cost overruns and completes more than 175% late, there’s clearly a great need for a construction industry solution that can help you to deliver projects on time and within budget – and transform your profitability.