For most businesses, it makes good sense to get started with a standard accounting software. Then, as financial and customer service requirements increase you might need to add plug-ins, add ons and further modules, and at some point seriously consider moving to a more sophisticated extensive business system.
Accounting systems first implemented by SMEs may have been perfect at the time but it is only a matter of time before the signs start to show that your business is outgrowing its system.
If you are finding that your accounts package is no longer providing the functionality to meet with future needs, or not delivering higher levels of reporting and is not incorporating functions required by other departments within your business, it may be time to think about changing systems.
The challenge is in recognising the right time to make the switch and then making the switch to the right system. When you are immersed in day to day operations, it’s easy to ignore the tell tale signs of trouble ahead.
These may include:
- Unstable systems and slow performance – which greatly affects the efficiency of your team’s performance and overall productivity.
- Inaccurate cost calculations – time wasted trying to calculate the actual costs of production.
- Employees manually creating reports – allocating considerable time to reporting.
- Errors tracking time and equipment – using outdated paper-based systems to manage stock control.
- Document delays and slow month end – restricted by closed period accounting systems.
- Cash flow and project profits – with delays between completed consultation timesheets and invoicing.
As your business grows, you need to build on technology that supports your business model and delivers the levels of service that your customers expect. Just as you planned from the start.
Synergy Technology is an accredited Microsoft partner and delivers a hosted solution of Dynamics NAV on the secure Citadel platform as a perfect solution for businesses that have outgrown their accounting software. InSpiredNAV is suitable for businesses that a looking to move from accounting systems including: SAGE50, QuickBooks, Access Accounts, Pegasus Opera, Sun Systems and Xero and looking for a wider range of business functions all from one secure system with access from anywhere even using mobile devices.
15 Red Flags: Is your accounting software hurting your business? is a white paper produced by Microsoft using real life case studies to see what inspired these companies take the next step. Contact Synergy Technology for further information on 0345 456 0050 or send us your enquiry today.